Monday, March 26, 2012

The Need for a New Blog

I enjoy making things.

When I need a chart or a list, I'll make it.

Instead of spending buco bucks on some do-dahs that I can sew or put together myself, I will craft something. 

I like to cook with my son, Henry; or rather, he likes sitting in his bumbo on the counter while I cook (he's almost 3 months old). I don't "create" many new recipes, but apparently finding (and when needs be, slightly adjusting) a good recipe is a skill that not many people have, so I do that to pass the time.

It's also helpful being married to a man who is very creative as well. Together, we always have something to do or make.

I figured if I have the need for something, others do, too; so I'm sharing my creations and discoveries with the world.

For example, rice is a good side for a lot of dishes. I either like doing Uncle Ben's 10 minute rice with butter, s&p if I'm in a hurry, or if I have some extra time, I will make coconut rice. It's simple: cook a cup of long grain brown rice in some olive oil or butter for a minute, then add 1 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1 1/4 cup water. At this point, feel free to add garlic powder and/or curry powder, depending on what you're having it with. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 40 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.

I really like this rice because it's more creamy and less boring than regular 'ole rice.

Come back and visit again (hopefully there will be new post more often than not).

No comments:

Post a Comment